Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The New TV Season - Part 1

WOW - my DVR is working overtime and I am now just starting to view the beginning of  the new shows on offer.  I figure I'll start off my "review/comment" by talking about the new shows (and in some cases reworkings of older shows) that have started this week.  Also, since I am on Comcast and not ATT, I can only record 2 shows at one time and not 4.  So I will be missing some shows but will catch up at another time for these shows.

"Book 'em Dano" - my generation knows exactly what this means.  For the younger generation I am positive you will get to know this phrase and immediately associate it with "Hawaii Five-0", the first of the shows I am going to talk about.

I recorded this show and watched it at 3am this morning.  What a great way to start off my day!!!  I was caught up within the first few seconds of this excellent show.  I was wondering how they were going to update this icon and I was not disappointed.  It was very well thought out and the actors are first rate.  Speaking to my generation I will tell you that I did not miss Jack Lord at all.  Alex O'Laughlin, the newest of the Australian actors to assault the US screens is a perfect leader of the pack.  Scott Caan is going to be a great Dano and I liked the New Jersey character built for him.  Daniel Dae Kim, last seen on Three Rivers, is perfect and the addition of Grace Park is a work of genius.  Do you think I like the cast?  Well I do.

We are all used to the Hawaii background from the original and, of course, Magnum.  The great use of innovative camera shots mixed in with the familiar shots from the original show (same locations but new action and views) and we have a site winner as well as a good show.  The writing is great and the story line was perfect to introduce the new "Hawaii Five-0" to this generation.  I am looking forward to the upcoming season and new story lines.  I am also looking forward to the character development that has already started and is sure to be an intricate part of the new season.

I will look forward to your comments (both pro and con) on this and any of my other reviews and blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment