Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's Time To Talk

I consider myself an American and have even lived overseas for 20+ years defending our way of life and trying to explain to others in another democracy how Americans do things and why. I have never been afraid to voice my opinion when our leaders have been wrong (nobody is perfect) and have always rallied to their defense when they are right.


I have decided to weigh in on a very important issue that has been brought to the national forefront by our President. I have to first say that I voted for him as I believed we needed a change. I didn’t think he was ready but I could not live with the alternative and too much of the previous 8 years was something I did not want to live with again. Listening on my car radio this morning to our President defend the building of the mosque near ground zero made me sick. And, to make matters worse, he defended his decision based on religious freedom and compared it to the past when synagogues and Catholic churches were being denied in “past America”. Look at our history, Mr. President and don’t try to compare 9/11 to the Jews and Catholics of our great nation and our great history.

You (Mr. President) have finally shown how out of touch you are with our country. I’ve made excuse after excuse for your actions (and inactions), your naive advisors who don’t know how to play the Washington game, your Congress who has screwed up the chance to really bring our country back from the brink of disaster and your inability to lead when leadership is what we need. I have tried to counter your attitude with some sense of reason and realize you are not ready to be the President and how sad it is that we missed having Hillary instead.

What is going to happen this November is on your head and on the heads of the arrogant leaders of our Congress. Yes, I deplore the party of “no” too for their innaction but they know how to play the game and will win where it counts; the November sweepstakes.

So the many “dirty tricks” during the election regarding your Muslim background have now come to the forefront again and your support for this abomination against the people of NYC and the rest of the country will not silence these early critics. I must say I am questioning my own defense of you. How did you get us this far off course?

2 comments:

  1. He seems to have sold the sizzle all to well but the sausage is rotten and making the whole world sick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to a discussion between two ladies, one Jew, the other Muslim, working together on this problem on Sunday's This Week with Christane Amanpour. They both made a lot of sense. Obama should have stayed out of this altogether & let Bloomberg & NYC zoning handle this. Although they may have the right to build a community center there, it may be inimical to their goals. The ladies sounded like the site is not final.
    on Obama: I too voted Democratic for the first time in a Presidential election for the same reasons you stated, but I now have considerable buyer's remorse. He really has tried to move the country too far left & has done considerable harm in doing so. I hope to hear more from Republicans like Paul Ryan. I don't agree with all he says, but he's on the right track. If we don't move more toward a "pro-business" agenda, unemployment will go even higher. Enough said - don't get me started!

    ReplyDelete